Posted by Karen R on April 22, 1998 at 17:02:18:
In response to Motivation Question, written by Karen R on April 22, 1998 at 16:32:18
...is that what she said in the movie? Perhaps, I missed it entirely when she is sitting there with Mary discussing her future, but I don't recall her saying anything about setting off to her relations in order to change something about their lives.
In the book, she definitely talks about her wanting to change things and then about 4 pages later there is the JA discussion and her abhorrence of mess and need for order, but the first reason (change for the sake of change) just seems more capricious than the second, i.e., putting people's messy lives in order.
This may be terribly trivial but I may need to go to the video store to check this out. Rather untidy detail! ;-)
- Motives and tidying up lives Constanza 17:59:10 4/23/98 (5)
- Wait a bit... Cheryl 01:10:52 4/23/98 (5)
- You may be missing my point...(***SPOILER***) Karen R 14:05:31 4/23/98 (4)
- Premeditated tidying Cheryl 14:27:36 4/23/98 (3)
- I agree-with tidying aforethought, absolutely (nfm) Laraine 17:31:29 4/23/98 (1)
- hee hee ;-) (nfm) Cheryl 23:55:51 4/23/98 (0)
- Then off to the video store I go...(nfm) Karen R 14:51:13 4/23/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.