CCF and JA
Posted by Elizabeth Rose on April 19, 1998 at 20:53:48:
With all of this talk of how like Emma Flora Poste is, I was most struck by the similarities with NA. As Barbara noted below, the overblown, gothic prose Gibbons uses in her descriptions is almost openly mocking of some novels of that style (whatever their time period might be). I can't help but be reminded of Catherine Morland's novels and Henry Tilney's mocking of them (esp in a passage quoted in a thread below - courtesy of HC's Info page).
Lizzie, who's probably wondering way off the path of reasonable conjecture
- Re: CCF and JA Cassia 15:04:34 4/20/98 (6)
- other Gibbons? Arnessa, where are you? Kate 09:15:56 4/21/98 (5)
- In Search of Stella Arnessa 23:40:33 4/26/98 (0)
- We have a lot of them in our library... Marsha 01:05:22 4/22/98 (3)
- *gasp* Cheryl 14:26:41 4/22/98 (2)
- Wear ski masks and carry pink umbrellas for recognition :-) NFM Marsha 14:29:50 4/22/98 (0)
- Wear ski masks and carry pink umbrellas for recognition :-) NFM Marsha 14:29:25 4/22/98 (0)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.