NEWSFLASH: Jane Austen a Space Alien!!!
Posted by The Mysterious H.C. on April 01, 1998 at 12:05:55:
In the 4/1/98 issue of the scholarly scientific journal National Inquirer, the astounding new discovery has been revealed that Jane Austen was actually an outer-space extraterrestrial visiting the planet Earth. The distinguished scientist Dr. April Fuehl, of the Institute for Nonexistential Studies, has found evidence showing that Jane Austen is the first non-human sentient intelligent being whose existence has been confirmed and attested. "Austen's generally cool detached and ironic pose shows external objectivity that only an alien viewpoint, standing entirely outside not only the conventions of the society of Regency England, but also outside the common assumptions of what is taken for granted in human cultures, could adequately provide", Fuehl said.
- Nonsense! She was Elvis Linden 22:44:13 4/15/98 (0)
- Here's another reference to this! P. Bingham 23:42:48 4/08/98 (0)
- Incontrovertible proof!!! Greg 20:50:59 4/03/98 (0)
- Where do you come up with this stuff? NFM Becky 22:28:01 4/02/98 (0)
- Very funny! Not as "far-out" as some literary critics Lea 11:59:59 4/02/98 (0)
- Wasn't this revealed last year at this time? (NFM) Myretta 17:34:03 4/01/98 (2)
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.