Posted by Caroline on June 13, 1997 at 16:39:30:
In reply to Re: Emma 2 and Surrey posted by Betsy on June 13, 1997 at 13:09:29
How on earth do you do a thesis on something like that? You must have had a ton of fun and learned a LOT. I'm jealous.
] - Betsy
1. Be a geography undergrad.
2. Have a prof with a doctorate in Vernacular Architecture, who likes you.
3. Help said prof with his work(farmhouses in northern France - I could be very rude about some bits of The Advocate.)
4. Spend two summers comparing medeival and stuart street plans, housing styles, roof constructions (plesae Ma'am, may I have a look in your loft?)and land usage.
5. Delve into old wills, taxation records and byelaws in the Surrey County Records Office.
Yes, it was fun!