Clueless and Emma characters/events
Posted by Anthea on September 19, 1997 at 01:27:59:
I just watched Clueless again. When I first saw it I didn't get the Emma parallel, and I thought it wasn't that good. Now I get it and I think it's very clever. I got most of the character/event parallels, but I'm a bit confused about some and need help.
1) What actual relation is Cher to Josh? I know he's her stepbrother, but by who, and can they marry with that relationship?
2) Who is Dion?
3) Are her 2 teachers who get married supposed to be Mr and Mrs Weston?
4) What is the parallel with Cher sending herself presents to impress Christian?
5) Is that girl who always opposes Cher in class and dances with Elton supposed to be Mrs Elton?
6) Are Cher's good deeds (helping her dad, the Pismo Beach stuff etc) supposed to be the equivalent of apologising to Miss Bates to impress Josh/Knightly?
I'm sure there are some other things, but for the moment that's it. Also, did anyone have my experience that I was talking about before?
Thanks for your help in advance
Posting followups to old messages is disabled; instead go to the main index and post a new message which mentions this one.