Rocky Horror Emma2
Some recurring things
- Cocktail umbrella
- Squirt gun
- A hat which won't be ruined by water
- Folded piece of paper
- Bow and arrow sets
Order of scenes
- Recite along with character anything in quotes
- Say "You are mistaken, my Dear!" or "That's what you think, Emma!" when Emma says something with authority, that is completely wrong.
- Whenever Mr. Elton smirks, wave your hand in the air with a wiping motion, as if to wipe (or slap) that smirk off his face.
- Swooning over Mr. Knightley is always appropriate.
- Whenever Miss Bates says something illuminating, say, "Hmmmmmm", in a very interested tone.
- Give your ear a tug, whenever Miss Bates yells in her mother's ear.
- Say "Eewwww!" whenever Mr. Elton sys something too smarmy to stand.
- Give an exasperated groan whenever Mrs. Elton says something too egotistical to stand.
- Shout out the names of the places (like Hartfield, Donwell Abbey, etc.) when they're shown at the beginning of a scene
- Use your mini bows and arrows to shoot at the screen whenever Emma is playing Cupid
- Make a scissors motion with your fingers and say, "Snip-snip!", whenever it occurs to you that Frank Churchill's hair is too long to bear.
- Opening Credits
- Spinning Globe-SING, "To every thing, Turn, Turn Turn, etc.
- The Wedding Scene
- SNORT when Emma says that her painting would be better if she had listened to Mrs. Weston's urging.
- When Mr. W complains of the drafts in the church, WRAP AN IMAGINARY SHAWL AROUND YOU and SHIVER.
- Cake?! GASP with Mr. Woodhouse when he sees Perry eating the cake!
- Dinner for two/Enter Mr. Knightley
- When Mr. Woodhouse talks about the possible "mewling infant", CRY LIKE A BABY.
- When Mr. Knightley asks, "Who cried the most at the wedding?", CRY LIKE A BABY.
- Party on A Summer's Eve
- SAY along with Miss Bates, "...and we have not stopped talking of it since!"
- "Lovely, lovely…."
- "And his penmanship is so competent!"
- GASP IN HORROR when Mr. W notices Frank's over-indulgence in custard.
- With Miss Smith in Highbury
- When they hide behind their umbrellas, HIDE behind your little cocktail umbrella.
- Butterfly Hunting
- Blow bubbles throughout this scene or, if you have no bubble mix, try to catch the bubbles blown by others!
- Meeting Mr. Martin
- MIMIC the sewing motions of Emma and Harriet.
- Say with Emma: "…Mr. Elton??"
- Decorating the Church
- Posing For The Portrait
- When Mr. Woodhouse suggests painting a shawl on Harriet, WRAP the imaginary shawl around yourself again.
- Lots of "Eeewww" opportunities with Mr. Elton here.
- Mr. Martin's Letter
- When Harriet says, "He wants to marry me!", CLAP and CHEER.
- While Emma reads the letter, "READ" your prop letter.
- When Harriet walks away smiling at the end of the scene, CRUMPLE the piece of paper and TOSS it over your shoulder.
- Arrows Flying at Donwell
- SHOOT mini arrows at the screen!
- "Emma….. you wrote her answer!"
- When Emma pouts at the mention of silly wives, POUT right back at her.
- "Try not to kill my dogs."
- Portrait Party
- "Why did you not ask me to contribute?"
- When Mr. Elton smirks at Emma's quip about Mr. Knightley being overqualified to provide a riddle, MAKE A WIPING MOTION to wipe that smirk off his face!
- Mr. Elton's Riddle
- HUM THE THEME FROM "JAWS" when Harriet asks if it's about a shark..
- "And now for the cream…"
- CHEER for Harriet when she finally gets it.
- A Charitable Errand
- COACH POOR HARRIET to watch her head, not to drop things, etc. when she's bumbling in the cabin.
- When Mr. Elton says, "I love...", SAY, "Ye-essss?" in anticipation. When he says "celery root", SIGH IN DISAPPOINTMENT.
- The John Knightleys at Hartfield
- Off To The Christmas Party
- GASP when Emma says Harriet is sick.
- SAY, "How odd!" when Mr.E says that a smaller party is better.
- Christmas Eve Party
- Sigh with Emma when Mr. Weston says "And that was the end of the letter!"
- Mr. Elton's Proposal
- "Miss Smith??" (several times)
- Sing the "Na na na na , yey, hey - Good Bye" song after Mr. Elton gets out of the carriage.
- Confession To Mrs. Weston
- After Emma swears she'll never make another match, say "yeah, uh huh, sure", etc.
- When Emma says, "William Cox?", SAY, "Emma!" with Mrs. Weston.
- Sad News For Harriet
- Say, "Aw!" at the end of this scene when Emma is contrite.
- Make PUPPY NOISES and CUTESY NOISES throughout this scene.
- SAY, with Harriet, "Mr. Elton had brown eyes too."
- Visiting the Bates'...and Jane!
- "NOT JANE'S DAY!"
- As Miss Bates starts to serve cake, but gets distracted, START TO TAKE A BITE from the treats on your own plate, but PULL IT AWAY AGAIN.
- "Napkin, sorry!"
- "And may we hear it in your own excellent words?"
- When Jane appears, SAY, "Jane!"
- Mr. Knightley's News
- "You know how I like news!"
- Harriet's Awkward Moment
- When Harriet is out in the rain, SQUIRT your water gun in the air to make rain.
- When Mr. Martin runs outside, USE YOUR HAT to cover your head (while still squirting!) SWITCH IT TO YOUR NEIGHBOR'S HEAD when he switches it to Harriet's.
- "awww… how sweet", etc.
- "Make me comfortable again."
- A fortunate meeting
- While Emma's horse is in the water, SQUIRT and FLICK your squirt gun to imitate his tail splashing water.
- "…Are there darker forces at work here?"
- "Huh?!" when Frank pretends to leave Emma in the water.
- Miss Bates's News
- Miss Bates is fairly dancing down the lane here. DANCE IN YOUR SEAT with her.
- GASP in surprise when Emma learns there's a party to which she isn't invited.
- Looking for an Invite
- CLUCK and SAY, "Poor Emma" as she awaits her invitation.
- The Coles' Party
- To the tune of Yankee Doodle when Frank appears, SING:
Frankie Churchill, went to London riding on a pony,
Said he went to cut his hair, but that line was a phony!
- "She is very elegant."
- "Every feeling revolts!"
- SING ALONG with Emma and Frank. The lyrics are:
Did you not hear my lady,
Go down the garden singing?
Blackbird and thrush were silent,
To hear the alleys ringing.
O, saw you not my lady,
Out in the garden there,
Shaming the rose and lily,
For she is twice as fair?
Though I am nothing to her,
Though she must rarely look at me,
And though I could never woo her,
I'll love her till I die.
Surely you heard my lady,
Go down the garden singing.
Silencing all the songbirds,
And setting the alleys ringing.
But surely you see my lady,
Out in the garden there,
Rivaling the glittering sunshine,
With a glory of golden hair?
- Frank's Farewell
- LEAN FORWARD in expectation as Frank tells his story, and SIGH when he's prevented from finishing.
- He loves me!
- SAY, "NOT!" when Emma says the above.
- Mrs. Elton Comes To Tea
- SAY "Zap!" whenever Mrs. Elton touches something at Hartfield. SAY, "Snap!" when she closes the little silver box, as if the box is biting at her.
- SNORE with Mr. Woodhouse, when they walk in on his nap.
- SNAP FINGERS with Mrs. Elton
- SAY "Gotcha!" when Mrs. E grabs at Mr. E's nose.
- "Base? Conceited? Crass?"
- "Ha!" or SNORT when Emma wonders whether Mr. Elton met his wife while doing charitable work.
- "Base? Conceited? Crass?"
- SQUEAL IN DELIGHT with Harriet when Emma says that she must give a party for Mrs. Elton.
- After Church Chat
- DUCK in alarm as Mrs. Elton moves her head, as if to avoid that lethal hat!
- A Garden Chat
- "I never thought I would feel sorry for Jane Fairfax!"
- Say "Coward!" after Mr. Knightley leaves.
- Emma's Party
- Smack neighbor on arm as Mrs. E does to Jane.
- "I Don't Love Frank After All"
- Whenever Mr. Knightley throws the stick, SHOUT, "Fetch!"
- When Emma says she'll remember to bring the stick, SHOUT, "Fetch!"
- The Ball
- "We are not brother and sister."
- "Oooooh!" after Mr. Knightley says, "Indeed we are not."
- Good-bye, Mr. Elton!
- After Emma says above, say with her "Hello Mr. Churchhill!"
- The Picnic
- After Emma disses Miss Bates, "Ooooh!!"
- "Badly done, Emma! Badly done!"
- "Awwww" when Emma is crying.
- Turned Away From the Bates'
- Good-bye, Mr. Knightley
- Dear Diary
- Frank is Engaged!
- "…a very lucky coincedence!"
- A Revealing Chat with Harriet
- Gasp when Emma says "Are you speaking of Mr. Knightley?"
- Telling Mrs. Weston
- When Emma says "No one must marry Mr. Knightly…" join her in saying "but ME!"
- SAY, with Emma, "I love John!" and "I hate John!"
- "They could be pirates!"
- Trying NOT To Think of Mr. Knightley
- "...they really are drab little flowers." .
- When Emma replaces Harriet's picture with one of a dog, SIGH with her and SAY, "That's better!"
- In The Chapel
- Say with Emma, "…almost."
- Mr. Knightley Returns
- "I seem to be doomed to blindness."
- Whack the weeds with Mr. Knightley.
- When Mr. Knightley says, "I rode through the rain", SQUIRT water guns in the air for rain.
- When he hesitates, offer encouragement, "Kiss her! Kiss her!"
- "My Mr. Knightley"
- Sharing the News
- SAY, "Aw, poor Harriet," as she runs out of the room.
- Harriet's News
- "…all the days ever!"
- Cheer the news of her engagement to Mr. Martin
- The Wedding
- "Shocking lack of satin!"
- End Credits
- Sway in time with the music and hum along.