Quick Index Board Index Home FAQ Site Map
|What do you want to see in Autobiography of Jane Eyre?
Written by Karon
(8/2/2013 11:19 p.m.)
Like many of you, I have to fill up the long wait between episodes somehow. :) Part of the fun in knowing the story with adaptations is looking forward to your favourite aspects of the story and seeing how they are handled. I've been thinking of what I hope to see and what I am looking forward to and what I don't. Thought I'd share:
1) I'd like to see my theory about the Adele and Rochester relationship developing come to pass. I don't exactly need them to run into each other's arms at the end, but it would be cool to see Eddie admit that though he provides for his daughter physically and intellectually, he's failed her emotionally. Perhaps he can take some steps to reach out to her.
2)I'm really looking forward to the scene when Jane tells Eddie she must leave. It's a really powerful and passionate scene. I hope it is done really well.
3) I have this image in my mind of Jane seeing Bertha Rochester for the first time on one of her recordings. Maybe she could leave the camera on and see her going through her room later on. It would be suitably creepy I think.
4) Kissing. I admit it. The romantic side of me needs to see at least two or three passionate kisses. I demand them! :D
5) I hope Jane and Eddie can have one or two fluffy happy vids before the big break up. I anticipate adorableness and I want to enjoy it for a teeny little while.
6) I was telling Ramya on Twitter that I hope that Eddie does not lose his sight or his hand in this. It seems too dark and too much for a vlog for me somehow. I remember reading somewhere that these misfortunes are the gothic way of punishing Rochester for his sins. I hope the story finds a way to do that without going that far but with a similar impact. I confess I have no idea what the writers could do there.
7) I hope the story addresses the whole idea of Jane posting videos on the web without permission. I have a feeling it will be done.
8) I'd like Jane do tweet a bit more. I check her tumblr sporadically, and it's great. Since we have to wait so long between eps, some tweets to give us an idea of what's going on during downtime would be satisfying. If Rochester is really tweeting as Pilot, he could tweet more too and perhaps start following Jane as well.
9) I like my theory of Bertha as a drug addict. I'd like to see that happen though I admit I have not determined every detail of how it would work out.
What is everyone else eager to see? Is there anything you think does not need to be in this adaptation?
Virtual Views is maintained by Golda with WebBBS 3.21.