View thread | Previous message | Next message
Previous message | Next message | Board index
Written by B. Michelle
(1/15/2004 10:40 a.m.)
in consequence of the missive, Caroline, penned by Emmeline
]Darcy sees through her, for he says, 'Undoubtedlyly, there is meanness in all the arts which ladies sometimes condescend to employ for captivation. Whatever bears affinity to cunning is despicable.'
IMHO, Darcy knew that Miss Bingley was trying to captivate him and he wanted none of it. Had she not have tried to hard, she might have gotten somewhere with him.
- Poor Caroline! BarbaraB (1/14/2004 11:06 p.m.)
- One has to wonder... Allison Jo (1/15/2004 10:18 a.m.)
- Caroline Emmeline (1/15/2004 9:09 a.m.)
- Yes, exactly B. Michelle (1/15/2004 10:40 a.m.)
- yes Ramya (1/14/2004 11:15 p.m.)
- Question Mary Frances 2 (1/14/2004 11:15 p.m.)
Groupread is maintained by Myretta with WebBBS 3.21.
View thread | Previous message | Next message Board index
© 2004 - 2012 The Republic of Pemberley