Quick Index Board Index Home FAQ Site Map
|Things I realized this time around
Written by Line
(2/24/2004 6:54 p.m.)
in consequence of the missive, Thanks yous/What did you notice this time?, penned by Kathi
I don't know how many times I've read P&P over the years, but I realized several new things during this Group Read (apart from the fascinating background information that JulieW and others so obligingly supplied!)
- The lengths Mrs. Phillips will go to get the local news!
- That Bingley is probably a lot more observant (and more tactful) than I gave him credit for during Darcy's meeting with Wickham
- I figured out (at least to my own satisfaction!) what Darcy is thinking when he looks so serious at the Netherfield ball
- Why Elizabeth says she had not known Darcy a month before deciding she could never marry him (thanks, Kathi!)
- That when Lady Catherine offers Elizabeth and Maria a place in her carriage, there would be room for only one
- How unequal almost all of Darcy's relationships are
- Just when Elizabeth can be considered really in love with Darcy
- What other people's conversation really sounds like to Lydia (thanks, Kathleen! ;-)
- That when Bingley arrives before the ladies are dressed, it's in the afternoon, not first thing in the morning!
- That it took a lot longer to get a special licence than I thought!
Phew! Isn't that enough for a veteran reader?
Groupread is maintained by Myretta with WebBBS 3.21.