Quick Index Board Index Home FAQ Site Map
|P&P2 Episode 1
Written by Vanessa M
(1/11/2004 3:45 p.m.)
* Before Lizzy runs down the lane after seeing the horses galloping, she turns around to make sure nobody is watching, and could censure her.
* When walking from church, right after Mr. Bennet walks by, Mary turns to Lydia to make her start walking. Lydia shoves Mary in disgust, clearly setting the tone for their relationship.
* When they come back from church, Sarah helps Jane with her outdoor things and Hill helps Mrs. Bennet. The other girls have no help, as would probably be the case with younger children.
* While Jane follows Mrs. B ranting about her husband refusing to visit Bingley, Mary throws her gloves into her bonnet with a bored expression. Again, showing us what she thought of it all.
* The newspaper Mr. Bennet is reading is The Examiner.
* When Mr. Bingley's carriage arrives at The Red Lion, two dogs cross the street to greet the new arrivals.
* Maria Lucas wears the same yellow dress at the assembly and at Lucas Lodge. Indeed, she wears it over and over.
* Mary is eating something while standing with Jane and Charlotte at the assembly when the Bingley party arrives.
* The little smile and tilt of the head from Bingley to Mr. Darcy during the dance with Jane, and Mr. Darcy's roll of the eyes. Another insight into the relationship between the characters.
* Maria is staring a Mr. Darcy when Mrs. B is talking about him at the table.
* When Mary and Maria are sitting together while Lizzy dances with Bingley, there is a man dozing off next to them. He has a little dog on his lap.
I found some more, but this is enough for the present, I think. This is one of the reasons why P&P2 is so special to me, because there was such attention to detail. This does not mean, however, that there are not things that I would change or eliminate, but as a film representation of the novel, I think it's excellent.
Groupread is maintained by Myretta with WebBBS 3.21.