Quick Index Board Index Home FAQ Site Map
Written by Kathleen Glancy
(5/13/2010 5:32 p.m.)
in consequence of the missive, Trivia Quiz: Week V, penned by Cheryl
2. Is this a trick question? The obvious answer is Lambton, from whence they set out for Pemberley, but their previous stop to that seems to have been Bakewell- though some people claim Lambton actually is a fictionalised Bakewell. Of course they turned in at the lodge on the way to Pemberley House, but they would have stopped there only long enough for the lodgekeeper to open the gates for the carriage.
3. Grapes, nectarines and peaches.
7. A Mr Haggerston, presumably Mr Gardiner's attorney.
8. Calico, muslin and cambric. I'm constantly amazed she doesn't also want silk, satin, velvet and lace, though possibly she would have got round to them if Jane hadn't interrupted her flow.
9. William Goulding, by taking off her glove, lowering the glass of the carriage window, putting her hand on the frame and bowing and smiling like anything at him as he drove by in his curricle.
10. St Clement's. There were three churches of that name in London at the time and it's not clear which is meant.
Groupread is maintained by Myretta with WebBBS 3.21.