Quick Index Board Index Home FAQ Site Map
|Passing characters in P&P: ch.13-23
Written by Line
(4/24/2010 10:11 p.m.)
- "(Mr. Collins) meant to chuse one of the (Bennet) daughters, if he found them as handsome and amiable as they were represented *by common report*." (Mr. Collins and Mr. Bennet have never met, so clearly there are some people we don't know about in the background.)
- "no one passed the window now except a few of the officers"
- "many amiable young women" in Mr. Collins' neighbourhood
- Miss Jenkinson - we're not told who she is yet, except that she was arranging Miss de Bourgh's footstool
- Caroline Bingley's note to Jane: " Many of my acquaintance are already (in London) for the winter; I wish I could hear that you, my dearest friend, had any intention of making one in the *croud*".
- and: "(Georgiana's) relations *all* wish the connexion as much as (Bingley's) own"
Groupread is maintained by Myretta with WebBBS 3.21.