Prejudice as a visible result of invisible envy
Written by Akaruihi
(4/12/2010 11:29 a.m.)
I will be studying envy throught P&P.
How envy is an invisible feeling only visible or turning into an action after a process of 5 logic steps.
1. Admiration of value. (Darcy is young, handsome and rich)
2. Comparison. He´s more valuable than..
3. "Yearn for" that value.
4. Can´t achieve the value. (They try to catch Darcy´´s attention and fail)
5. Intolerable feeling of pain of failure.
6. ACTION THAT MAKES ENVY VISIBLE: If I can´´t have Darcy then I turn Darcy into a non value. Therefore, I do not lose. It´´s not my daughters that are ugly, its Darcy that he´s rude.
7. Consequence of an envious action: Darcy is guilty. Darcy should apologize.
So...Prejudice towards Darcy is a defense mechanism of hiding envy. I can´t rise to his level...so then I shall bring him down to mine. And I shall spread a bad gosspi about him so no other girl can have him...