View thread | Previous message | Next message
Previous message | Next message | Board index
|Especially Gothic heroines
Written by Laraine
(3/1/2009 6:29 p.m.)
in consequence of the missive, Chapter 1: Heroine, penned by Lynn
seem to have these things in common:
- raised in some very remote place, usually in humble surroundings but with love and care: let's just say 'reduced circumstances'
- either don't have both parents at the start of the novel (often their mother is dead), and if they have one, that parent dies early in the novel.
- are as beautiful as their beautiful mother used to be before she died
- play a lute or small harp or something, usually while leaning out a window
- are awash in sweetness, gentleness, devotion to their ailing parent(s), love and admiration from villagers/servants/other worthy, penniless souls
Details vary, but not all that much. :)
Groupread is maintained by Myretta with WebBBS 3.21.
View thread | Previous message | Next message Board index
© 2004 - 2012 The Republic of Pemberley