Quick Index Board Index Home FAQ Site Map
|MC and introductions
Written by Heather L
(4/4/2006 6:13 p.m.)
in consequence of the missive, Bath: Rules and MCs, penned by JulieW
* Could gentlemen ask the Master of Ceremonies to introduce them to particular ladies?
* Did the Master of Ceremonies keep track of ladies in need of dancing partners and match them up with gentlemen who hadn't chosen a partner yet?
We aren't given much information about the introduction, so I've wondered the following:
* Was Mr. King simply doing his job -- rounding up unattached ladies and gentlemen and putting them in pairs? (reminiscent of an American junior high school mixer)
* Did the Allens + Catherine present themselves to Mr. King and suggest (or he could perceive) that Catherine needed a partner? Mrs. Allen hasn't been very helpful thus far, but maybe Mr. Allen spoke with Mr. King.
* Did Henry see Catherine (maybe he was one of the anonymous gentlemen admirers from the previous evening) and request an introduction?
We'll never know for sure, but it's fun to guess :)
Groupread is maintained by Myretta with WebBBS 3.21.