View thread | Previous message | Next message
Previous message | Next message | Board index
Written by Cheryl
(8/28/2005 5:08 p.m.)
I love the images Jane gives us with just a few, short words. She's so succinct in her descriptions, but they are so vivid, aren't they?
Here are some of my favorites from these two letters. Yours?
- James...cut up the turkey with great perserverance
- Re Henry joining a regiment: I heartily hope that he will, as usual, be disappointed...
- ...he has but one fault...his morning coat is a great deal too light.
- What a funny name Tom has got for his vessel! But he has no taste in names, as we well know, and I dare say he christened it himself.
- She came up...to spend the day with her young Cousins; but she does not much take to them or anything about them
- Word pictures Cheryl (8/28/2005 5:08 p.m.)
Groupread is maintained by Myretta with WebBBS 3.21.
View thread | Previous message | Next message Board index
© 2004 - 2012 The Republic of Pemberley